Wednesday, March 23, 2011

April 17, 2011 (Lev. 21; Ps. 26-27; Ecc.4; 1 Tim. 6)


Psalm 27: 4 says, “One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.”  This would be a great memory verse for this week. What is David saying here though?
Well, he is not saying that he wants to spend all of his time in church. What he is saying is that he wants to spend all his time in the presence and blessing of the living God who revealed Himself most truly and fully (up to that point in salvation history) in the temple. He is saying He wants to be caught up in God all the time.
How would we, this side of the cross, pray this prayer? Well, think of how God has fully and finally revealed Himself. 2 Cor.4:6 tells us that God has fully revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ. The Christian praying David’s prayer would say, “One thing I have asked of the Lord, that will I seek; that I may dwell with Christ and in Christ all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of Christ.”
That is our prayer. But we are not just to pray passively. We are to seek that which we pray for. So today, pray that you might be drawn closer to Christ and then seek his face with all that you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment