Sunday, December 19, 2010

January 10 (Genesis 11; Matthew 10; Ezra 10; Acts 10)


As we look around in our world we see corruption. We see terrorism. We see war. We see evil. And we see it getting worse. What stabilizes us in these times? I think Matthew 10:24-42 serves as a good balm. In such times let us remember:· Jesus our Master was hated before us (24-25)· In the end justice will be done and be seen to be done (26-27)· Proper fear of God will reduce our fear of man (28)· God is sovereign over every detail of life (29-31)· Following Christ is really finding life (39)· SOME will receive us (40)· The promises of eternal reward will not fail (41-42)! Rejoice and meditate on these good truths ( see: Philippians 4:8)

1 comment:

  1. Some of this comment is taken from what I heard on David Jerimiah on my ride to work. What we should be asking is where is the salt? I gave a lesson on this one time and after hearing other preachers,prayer and meditation I fell short the mark. But salt being a preservative is what is holding off the evil of the day. We are commanded to be the salt and the light. I can only remember the feelings I had in the sixtys and heard the stories of older days but church and morals were as common place as McDonalds is today. Whether there was more salt around then I can only spectulate but I believe there was less evil. Once more when the Lord comes back to take his bride away and the salt has been removed, well I hope anyone reading this will not see it, but evil will hit the fan. No more preservative, no more salt, just a bunch of spoilage. Bro Doug

    ReplyDelete