Sunday, December 19, 2010

January 19 (Genesis 20; Matthew 19; Nehemiah 9; Acts 19)


As humans we often become more and more proud depending upon how many different sets of folks know us. We like to be popular. When we boil it all done, however, it really does not matter how many sets of people know us. There are a few sets, though, where it does matter indeed. One of those sets might seem like an unlikely set. The set I am talking about is Satan and his demons.

Do the demons know who you are? Acts 19:11-20 tells us of the Seven Silly Sons of Sceva who try to cast out a demon using the name of Jesus as a formula and by appealing to Paul’s ministry. Read the story to find out what happens. They basically get their tail’s kicked! But before the whooping notice what the demon says to them, “Jesus I know, and Paul I recognize, but who are you?” (v.15) 

Here is what we should ponder today: Am I an effective kingdom servant? Is what I am doing for the Lord so full of impact that the demons take notice? Or am I so insignificant that they take no notice of me at all? IF they are going to take notice it will come not from reliance on our selves but on the “name of the Lord Jesus !

1 comment:

  1. These three questions are very good and I have to say they challenge everyone's stewardship. If you are a servant, then speaking the Truth like God commands us to, makes the impact. Do they take notice? Well, take notice of how often you have to stop and pray throughout the day. When you find yourself in almost constant intimate discussion with the LORD, then they've noticed. That is the place I would like to be! Bro Doug

    ReplyDelete