Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 20 (Ex. 3; Lk. 6; Job 20; 1 Cor. 7)


I want to speak to the college aged folks today. One of the questions that is constantly in our minds as late teens and early 20 somethings has to do with relationships. Does she like me? I wonder if he thinks I am cute? If I ask her out will she say yes or reject me? All these questions are just the preliminary for the greater question of “Whom should I marry?” Very seldom does one ask the question, “Should I ever marry at all?” This is unfortunate because in 1 Corinthians 7:7 Paul seems to indicate that some will, indeed, not marry. It depends on how they have been “gifted”.  To find a spouse is a gift from the Lord, but not everyone receives this gift. Some people are gifted with singleness. No matter if you have the gift of a spouse of the gift of singleness you will have significance in the kingdom and can live a totally fulfilled life. IF you wonder what benefits one could ever have by remaining single read the rest of this chapter. Specifically what do verses 32-34 say are some benefits of being single?

No comments:

Post a Comment