Thursday, February 24, 2011

March 15, 2009 (Ex. 26; Jn. 5; Prov. 2; Galatians 1)


Today’s devotion will build upon yesterday’s. I can imagine someone reading yesterdays devotion and the verse from 2 Corinthians about testing ourselves, and saying something like, “OF course Christ is in me. I go to church every time the doors are open. I read my bible at least 5 or 6 times a week. I even give to stuff at the church from time to time.” Is that answer good enough?
In John 5 Jesus is talking to some very religious people. They tithed so much that they even tithed the vegetables in their garden. They had, probably, the first five books of the Bible memorized. They attended the religious worship services without fail. Yet, despite all of these things Jesus says to them in verse 39, “You search the Scriptures for in them you think that you have eternal life. But you are not willing to come to me that you may have life.” How sad indeed! It is possible to be in the Word and not know the Living Word. It is possible to be around God’s people and never know God personally. Test yourself! Examine yourself! Come to Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment