Thursday, February 24, 2011

March 22, 2009 (Ex. 33; Jn. 12; Prov. 9; Eph. 2)


The people of Israel were a stiff-necked people. This means that they repeatedly disobeyed the Lord and turned back in their hearts from following after Him. In Exodus 33 God threatens to send them into the promise land but without His presence. Moses is terrified by this possibility. He, therefore,  says to the Lord “If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here.” (v.15) I wondered how our lives would be different if this were the mentality we adopted. “Lord if you will not go with me to that party then I will not go.” Or, “Lord if you will not be with me as I pursuer this career path then I will not do it.” The presence of the Lord, to the true believer, is the most valuable treasure one could ever posses. Do not seek to be satisfied with anything else. Do that which would find you in the sweet presence of the Master no matter how hard it may seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment