Thursday, February 24, 2011

March 10, 2009 (Ex. 21; Lk. 24; Job 39; 2 Cor. 9)


Nine times out of ten whenever I stand to preach or get ready to open the Bible just to read for myself there is a verse of Scripture that comes to my mind and serves as a prayer for what I am about to do. That verse of scripture is Luke 24:32. “Did not our hearts burn within us while He talked to us on the road, while He opened the Scriptures to us?”
This verse is spoken by two followers of Jesus whom He appeared to on the road to a town called Emmaus after His resurrection. At first they did not realize that the man they spoke with was the Lord. Consequently the Lord took the opportunity to unpack everything in the Old Testament that spoke of Him. It must have been amazing. Jesus unpacked the meaning of the Bible to these two men and as a result their hearts were set on fire! That is what I pray will happen to you every time you open the Bible. Jesus still does this by the ministry of the Holy Spirit! Ask Him right now to do so. Say, “Lord Jesus, by the power of your Spirit, would you come and walk with me as I dive into Your word and would you cause my heart to burn while You teach me the Scriptures!! ”That is a prayer God loves to hear and answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment